The "Who Captured our Camp Flags?" Story:
Upon arrival at camp, the first activity was for each team to create a flag to represent their group in a friendly game of capture the flag the next day. Everything was perfect, the flags turned out great and the suspense continued to build throughout the rest of the day. By the time of the first day’s closing campfire, everyone was buzzing about their tactical plans, where they would hide their flag and who would act as seekers and guards. However, to everyone’s shock and horror, campers and staff awoke the next morning to discover that ALL the team flags were missing before the game even had a chance to begin. What a bummer! The campers were so upset! However, during breakfast, the camp director announced that, thanks to the new high-tech cameras that were installed in the Spring, it would be no time at all before the list of counselors was reduced to one scoundrel who was out to ruin everyone’s fun. Armed with a stack of clues, an evidence worksheet and a list of suspects, the director quickly enlisted the help of the campers and all were joined in a common goal of finding the one staff member who tried to sabotage the event. We need YOUR help to figure out which culprit matches the shoes, hair color, gender, flashlight style and cabin location the evidence reveals!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for supporting our 100% mom-owned, family-powered small business!
Click Scavenger Hunts are fantastic for any size group and appropriate for ages 6 and up!
CLICK SCAVENGER HUNTS ARE FOR:
- Social Distancing Friendly Birthday Parties
- Neighborhoods (Families can enjoy walking through their neighborhood or driving slowly to find the signs and solve the mystery!)
- Campgrounds/Summer Camps
- Youth Groups
- Scouting events (spice up your next orienteering challenge!)
- Corporate/Business Team-Building and On-boarding
- Chambers of Commerce as a fun traffic-generating event for local business clusters
Nobody has to touch anything of anyone else’s to play, so social distancing is maintained the entire time!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SET UP YOUR GAME:
- Color Printer
- Laminating machine and laminating sheets (if using over and over or leaving up outdoors in the weather)
- Black Marker (permanent OR wet/dry erase if reusing signs)
- Hole punch and String OR Sturdy tape for hanging
YOUR DOWNLOAD INCLUDES:
- How to SET UP a Click Scavenger Hunt Game
- How to Play a Click Scavenger Hunt Game
- Printable Story Card with Host ID Card/Badge
- Clues for Set Up
- Printable Signs
- Printable Player Detective Worksheets
- Printable Player Suspect Grids
PLAYERS WILL NEED:
- The Detective Worksheet and Suspect Grid you printed for them
- A pencil
- A clipboard (suggested)
HOW TO PLAY:
- The suspect names have been placed on a list, along with clues describing each one of them. It’s up to YOU to solve the mystery by finding the clues the detectives gathered and using them to solve this crime!
- Walk (or drive SLOWLY if playing in a neighborhood) searching for Click Scavenger Hunt Signs. S. Children should always be with a responsible adult.
- When you find a clue, stop and record the secret words in the space for that color and shape on your detective worksheet OR, take a photo of each one and fill them all in at once!
- Put the clues for each color in order to form a sentence.
- Use each sentence to rule out suspects on the suspect grid. For example, if you learn the culprit is female, cross off all the males! HINT: Cross off carefully- it’s easy to make a mistake!
- Once you solve the mystery contact the game organizer to see if you are correct.
Remember, if you see someone else at a sign, kindly wait until they are finished jotting down their clue before you visit that sign. Be sure to stay at least 6 feet away from others….And have fun!