The "Toilet Paper Heist of 2020?" Story:
Approximately 600 rolls of toilet paper were stolen during a delivery to a Hong Kong supermarket during the Pandemic of 2020! In Hong Kong, police arrested two men in connection with the toilet paper heist during frenzied grocery shopping just before the quarantine lockdown. After interviewing the suspects, police learned that there is a THIRD TP Bandit on the loose, and they need YOUR help to apprehend him!
Here’s what we know:
A Toilet Paper delivery man was unloading packages from his truck. He had set 50 boxes of toilet paper containing 12 rolls each outside of the store and, when he returned with his next load of boxes, the first set was all missing! Police have been able to obtain five pieces of information from cameras, evidence from the scene, and by interviewing the two people who were already arrested.
It’s your job to put together the clues and use them to determine which culprit matches the shoes, hair color, gender, type of gloves and getaway vehicle the police discovered were used during the crime and identify the third toilet paper bandit!
THANK YOU SO MUCH for supporting our 100% mom-owned, family-powered small business!
Click Scavenger Hunts are fantastic for any size group and appropriate for ages 6 and up!
CLICK SCAVENGER HUNTS ARE FOR:
- Social Distancing Friendly Birthday Parties
- Neighborhoods (Families can enjoy walking through their neighborhood or driving slowly to find the signs and solve the mystery!)
- Campgrounds/Summer Camps
- Youth Groups
- Scouting events (spice up your next orienteering challenge!)
- Corporate/Business Team-Building and On-boarding
- Chambers of Commerce as a fun traffic-generating event for local business clusters
Nobody has to touch anything of anyone else’s to play, so social distancing is maintained the entire time!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SET UP YOUR GAME:
- Color Printer
- Laminating machine and laminating sheets (if using over and over or leaving up outdoors in the weather)
- Black Marker (permanent OR wet/dry erase if reusing signs)
- Hole punch and String OR Sturdy tape for hanging
YOUR DOWNLOAD INCLUDES:
- How to SET UP a Click Scavenger Hunt Game
- How to Play a Click Scavenger Hunt Game
- Printable Story Card with Host ID Card/Badge
- Clues for Set Up
- Printable Signs
- Printable Player Detective Worksheets
- Printable Player Suspect Grids
PLAYERS WILL NEED:
- The Detective Worksheet and Suspect Grid you printed for them
- A pencil
- A clipboard (suggested)
HOW TO PLAY:
- The suspect names have been placed on a list, along with clues describing each one of them. It’s up to YOU to solve the mystery by finding the clues the detectives gathered and using them to solve this crime!
- Walk (or drive SLOWLY if playing in a neighborhood) searching for Click Scavenger Hunt Signs. S. Children should always be with a responsible adult.
- When you find a clue, stop and record the secret words in the space for that color and shape on your detective worksheet OR, take a photo of each one and fill them all in at once!
- Put the clues for each color in order to form a sentence.
- Use each sentence to rule out suspects on the suspect grid. For example, if you learn the culprit is female, cross off all the males! HINT: Cross off carefully- it’s easy to make a mistake!
- Once you solve the mystery contact the game organizer to see if you are correct.
Remember, if you see someone else at a sign, kindly wait until they are finished jotting down their clue before you visit that sign. Be sure to stay at least 6 feet away from others….And have fun!