The Mystery of the Mardi Gras Murder is a CLICK EVIDENCE STYLE Game:
The Click Evidence Style Game offers a little more challenge than the Alibi Game and is perfect for groups who enjoy mysteries and puzzles or for settings where the game is the main entertainment, whereas the Alibi Style game is best for a shorter icebreaker to get an event started or for a crowd less into puzzle solving. This 32 player version requires players to gather Evidence, unscramble sentences and rule out suspects on a fun suspect grid. The Evidence version can usually be completed in approximately 45 minutes plus time to announce winners and give out prizes.
Here's the story:
In 1898, a prominent figure in Northern Maryland decides to host a Mardi Gras party in his mansion, but things go awry when one of the guests poisons the host’s slice of the King’s cake. The police are called, the mansion declared a crime scene and several clues are gathered. However, the evidence mysteriously disappears and the case is never solved. A present day museum curator stumbles upon a strange bag in an old trunk of clothes with some very interesting items in it: a list of the top 32 suspects, the clues from the original crime scene and what appeared to be a set of cards the police were planning to use to crack the case. Excited about her amazing discovery, she petitions police to have the case reopened for the sake of history and she’s invited YOU to help!
- Printable Instructions for Game Set-up and Game Play (for a video tutorial to share with your players, please visit How to Play a Click Evidence Game or How to Play a Click Evidence Game for Youth).
- Printable Host Story Card for the Click Host to read aloud to Players
- Suggested Question of the Game List (Click Host will choose a question for players to ask each other)
- Printable Classic Color/Shape Cards (4 color sets of 8 shape cards (32 cards total))
- Printable Set of Color-Coded Evidence Word Cards and Host Badges (Play over and over with a new culprit each time!)
- Color Coded Sentences Clues for Host Setup
- Printable Evidence Worksheet
- Printable Suspect Grid
Links are provided for your convenience; however, you may purchase these items wherever you find the best price!